Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Favorite Cookies: Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies

I love fall!!  I love all the colors and smells and pulling out all my warm sweaters!  I also LOVE these cookies (I'm not a crazy sweets lover but these cookies are too hard to stay away from!).



This is the basic cookie recipe I use for almost every cookie I make:


Basic Cookies
3/4 c salted butter (softened).
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
mix these together

1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
add these to butter mixture

2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
2 c flour
1/2 t salt (I use sea salt ).
Mix into wet mixture

For Salted Caramel Cookies I mix in:
1 c Milk Chocolate Chunks
1 c Kraft Caramel bits
1/2 c pretzels crushed

Chill for 2 hours (okay you don't have to but it makes for a fluffier cookie letting the butter set back up after the melting).  Plus nothing beats this cookie dough!



Bake 350 for 8-10 min (they may not look done but take them out anyways and let them sit on the cookie sheet until they are cooled).  


 Enjoy!  We like to freeze them in baggies and pull out for lunches during the week too!


What is YOUR favorite Fall Food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...