Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


My friend Laura made this soup for me a couple years ago & it was unforgettable.  I finally asked her for the recipe and since she was sweet enough to share it with me, I thought I'd share her love & post it for ALL MY READERS :) Hahaha, I'm laughing because I think there might be four or five of you.

We had some icky germs floating around our house on Saturday. Caleb woke up with pink eye, Keston with a runny nose & my Andy woke up feeling achey...so it was time to wip this up (& bust out the vitamins, OJ & Tylenol).
(Laura said there's lots of room to improvise so I took her advice. The following is how I made it:)



Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
5 2/3 Chicken Broth
1 pkg Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix (4.3 oz Rice-a-roni)
1 Carrot
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (If you want your soup thicker, use 2 cans)
1 Cup Cubed Cooked Chicken (I used a 9.75oz can of chicken)

In a large saucepan, combine the broth, & rice - including the seasoning packet.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 10 minutes.  Stir in carrot & onion.  Cover and simmer 10 min.  Stir in cream of chicken soup and chicken.  Cook 8 minutes or until the rice and veggies are tender. 
This recipe should serve approx 6 people.  And if you're really awesome, like Laura, you'll serve this with warm homemade bread...ooooooo la la!!! Sorry if I just made you drool on your keyboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...