Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Julie's Favorite Christmas Cookie - Raspberry & Almond Shortbread Cookies

Did you read that?
RASPBERRY & ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES?!?!?

Just the name sounds delicious, right?!
I gotta say,my mouth is watering just as I was uploading the pictures of  these cookies. They are MY FAVORITE cookie!!! I made a batch of them this past Saturday & Sunday afternoon every single one of them were gone. Don't freak out... I had helpers in the consumption!
So today as I'm feeling more & more in the Christmas spirit, I wanted to share the recipe with you!
And of course now I'm itching to make another batch...but I'll refrain...for now!

Raspberry & Almond 
Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients:
1 Cup Butter, softened (do not use margarine)
2/3 Cup White Sugar
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Seedless Raspberry jam

Glaze:
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
3/4 tsp Almond Extract
1 tsp Milk

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter & sugar until smooth. Add in 1/2 tsp almond extract & mix. Begin to add in the flour until dough comes together.

Roll the dough into 1/2 inch balls & place on un-greased cookie sheets.

Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb/pointer finger.

Fill the hole with preserves. *To do this I put the preserves in a sandwich bag & snip a  small hole in the corner & use it like a pastry bag...filling the holes of the dough with the preserves.

Bake for 14-18 minutes in preheated oven or until lightly browned. Let cool for a few minutes & remove onto a cooling rack.

In a medium bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, 3/4 tsp almond extract & milk until smooth. Drizzle lightly over cooled cookies. *Again, I use a sandwich bag for a glaze...just snip an extra tiny hole to make a prettier drizzle :)



Enjoy, my friends! 
Another reason to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Love,
Julie

*And, HEY!!! Don't miss our Christmas giveaway with JAMBERRY NAILS!
Go leave a comment for Melissa & like her facebook page :) Tell her which of the two Holiday Shields you would pick if you won! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...