Monday, September 24, 2012

Peanut Butter Painting...

Gross. I just ate a cadbury egg. Those things are way too sweet for me. I never buy them...well except last week..I HAD TO because Eli grabbed & unwrapped one in the checkout-lane of Dollar General. I wrapped it back up the best I could & paid for it...then stashed it in my purse with intentions to just throw the sugar-ball away. So why did I even eat the nasty thing? Hmmm...well maybe it's because the stress of getting nothing done day-in & day-out is getting to me. And by nothing I mean NOTHING...not even lunch happened for me today. The cadbury egg WAS my lunch. While Keston & Eli ate lunch I thought it would be the perfect time to unload the dishwasher (without their 'help' if you know what I'm getting at). While I was unloading the dishwasher they decided to paint with peanut butter - all over their clothes, hair, the chairs & the wall. When I discovered what they were doing, I quickly cleaned them up & sent them to bed for naps. Those busters knew they were in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.
Of course I had to supervise Keston. There was no way he was going to stay put in his bed unless I was right there. No way. Nap time with him is a such a battle. His mouth never stops moving & there 100 excuses of why he needs to get up. Finally I gave in after 90 minutes...maybe that sounds like a short amount of time & I realize that's probably where I'm going wrong & why I'm still battling with him...I don't know...maybe I have ADD b/c after 90 minutes I need to get the heck out of that room. As much as I wish I could ignore my list of chores, I cannot. So we headed downstairs & I told him he was allowed to quietly play in the living room with the toys in the toy box. I finished unloading the dishwasher & resumed my laundry duties that I had started earlier this morning.  Now...let me just say that I may never learn my lesson. I cannot take my eye of my middle child for a second. Would you believe that Keston went right back to painting himself with peanut butter?!?!? Mind you, it never got cleaned up from the table because I had to play Hover-Mom during nap time. Ohhhh, I was livid...then convicted. Yep, convicted. Yesterday our pastor talked about integrity & about how ridiculous it is when we throw fits when God doesn't deal us the hand we want - or things don't go like we wanted them to. I am totally guilty of throwing fits pretty much every day when my plans turn upside down or when my children act outside of my expectations. This mom-gig is hard! It's definitely not the hand I thought I was getting...not that I would trade it but I'm just growing impatient for the lessons I try so hard to instill in my kids, to STICK! Like peanut butter on the walls, if you will. I swear, if it's not peanut butter it's poop or pee...I'm just trying to be less disgusting here...and that's the end of my rant for the day. Time to get back in line...take a few(hundred) deep breaths & deal with the child who I currently hear jumping on the bed upstairs. Let's hope that's all he's doing.

This was meant to be a facebook post but I got a bit long-winded so I decided to share it here. Sorry I haven't blogged much...I do miss it...but I'm sure you can guess why it's not on my list of priorities at the present time. Much love to all who take the time to read this!

-Julie-

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Ju.
    love,
    Aunt Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEKKKK! You poor thing. I can't give you any advice in the sleep thing. Luckily mine weren't too bad to get to lay down. However, they did stop taking naps completely at like 2. lol I miss your posts, but understand your issues. Prayers coming your way, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...