Friday, October 5, 2012

Breakfast Cookies Recipe - 2 Versions (Apple Cinnamon Raisin & Chocolate Chip)



HERE IT IS!!!!
This is the recipe I get the most requests for, hands down!
Maybe that's because SO many of us love the idea of cookies for breakfast! And maybe it's because I run into so many people who can't have flour, or eggs?? It's a perfect cookie recipe for them!
I've been making this recipe for a few years & have made it over & over!! I have a few versions of it...The two versions I'm posting are my favorite & are what I consider perfected to fit my family's standards. I can't wait for your feedback!!

VERSION 1:
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Cookies
3 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1 Apple, peeled & chopped (I use Granny Smith or Macintosh)
2 1/2 Cups Quick Oats
1/3 Cup Honey (OR 1/2 Cup Sugar if you dare)
1/3 Cup Applesauce
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Raisins
*I also like to add a pinch of nutmeg, and/or walnuts if I have them on hand*


VERSION 2:
Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
3 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed
2 1/2 Cups Quick Oats
1/3 Cup Honey (OR 1/2 Cup Sugar)
1/3 Cup Applesauce
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Mini-Chocolate Chips


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and allow to sit for 15 minutes.


Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet, flatten into cookie shape by pressing down with a fork.


Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.


Good...


 morning!

I don't think I need to explain how awesome it is to have cookies for breakfast, nor do I need to tell you all the reasons you should make these & have them around.  But I am going to mention that these cookies not only make a wonderful & filling breakfast, but they also make a great snack for kids AND grown-ups! Hello!!!! I'm not going to deny that I am a full-grown cookie monster!!!

Happy baking, my friends!!!
Love,
Julie

Come join us on 

2 comments:

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...