Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies



I made these with Keston last Friday and after posting about our little activity on facebook I got a few messages from friends who wanted my recipe. I think everyone has probably had these at one time or another but obviously not everyone has the luxury of having the recipe among their collection. So I thought I'd share mine here!! 
I love these cookies.
I can remember when I was about 10 or so and my sister would make them allllll the time. My brother and I were her summer "babysitting" job while my parents were at work. We weren't allowed to use the oven while my parents were gone, so that's probably why she made these so often.  These are definitely Andy's all time favorite cookie. They don't last long around here...very few actually make it into a container to keep for later.
And let's be REAL here..."later" is more like after the kids go to bed.

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
2 Cups White Sugar
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 stick Margarine (not that it matters but I always use Blue Bonnet) 
1/2 Cup Milk
2 3/4 Cup Minute Oats
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix Sugar, Cocoa and Salt in a saucepan (I use a 2 1/2 quart). Add Margarine and milk: bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring constantlyRemove from heat. Add Vanilla and Peanut Butter and mix in until creamy. Add Oats and stir until they're coated and mixed in. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool...or chill till firm. (Makes approx 24 Med size cookies)

 
I prefer to let mine cool on the counter with a little cookie monster to keep an eye on them so no one touches them...















except for him, of course!!




I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesday at:

Beauty and Bedlam


Tempt my Tummy TuesdaysTodays Creative Blog

12 comments:

  1. Looks so good!! I wouldn't have leftovers at my house either. Thanks for the recipe. I'll print it and keep it on hand! jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Keston you are so stinking cute! Can't wait to get our boys together again. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie, these are great photos (and a good recipe)! You should put together an Emerine-Family Cookbook with your tips and pictures gracing each recipe. Wouldn't it make a great Christmas present too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! These look delish. And you little boy's smile is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'on down south and make some for us!
    Aunt Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time making them... and they look great! I can't wait to taste them. Thanks for sharing the recipe Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...these look so yummy! If we are ever healthy again I'll be making some for sure! :) I just discovered your new blog and I love it....very fun! Not to mention your boys are so stinkin cute and getting so big...I love you friend. Happy belated birthday- welcome to the thirties. :) Give your family a big squeeze from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe, Julie. I haven't made or had these for years. My girls will have a surprise waiting for them after nap time. Great photos, such a cute little guy you have there.

    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the idea, but I'm allergic to peanut. Is there anything I could use in its place?
    Hugs from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dani, I've been told that a great substitute for peanut butter is soy nut butter. It's made from roasted soy beans & the label says it's manufactured in a "peanut-free facility." It's much like peanut butter in taste and texture. I found it near the peanut butter in our local grocery store - so hopefully you can find it in Brazil too! Thanks for stopping by my blog Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I should mention that I have never bought it or used it...only looked in to it for another friend who is also allergic to peanuts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love no bake cookies but they are so tempting!!!

    Your blog is cute!

    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...