Welcome again, to BABY SHOWER WEEK!!
Day 2: Gifts
Day 2: Gifts
I love to give a thoughtful gift! I love to spend time thinking about the friend or family member. Reflecting on memories really tune me into the connection and impact that person has in my life. Granted, not all 'shower's or 'gifts' involve someone we know intimately - so a registry gift works.
Something else I love... Pinterest!!! I found this 'pin' on Pinterest and immediately wanted to do it for the shower we were throwing. The 'Hospital Survival Kit' is perfect for a Mom-to-Be - plus you can be really personal with it or general if its for a co-worker or your cousin's wife. Thanks to Jen at 'My Own Road' for posting this idea on her blog - you can go read her inspiration for the kit at her blog linked above. (Plus she is so generous she provides the FREE printables on her blog too!!!)
So here is my take on the Hospital Survival Kit:
1. Headbands (found at Dollar General 4 for $1)
2. Soft Lips (picked up at CVS for free on Thanksgiving Day)
3. Mini Lotion from Bath and Body (.99 if you find them when they are 'new' and by register to 'try').
4. Nail Polish (Revlon is my favorite!! (clearance with coupon .27 at CVS)
5. Lifesavers - keep that breath fresh! (CVS sale .99)
6. Skittles (pick up a bag of the parents-to-be favorite candy).
7. Dried Pineapple - I had to throw in something semi-healthy...
8. Tootsie Roll Caramel Apple Suckers (my favorite!! I can't find them any where but Amazon.com has them for about 10.00 for 48 or GFS has the same box for 6.99)
9. Not pictured - I found Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel bits at Big Lots for $2.00 and snuck them in last minute.
I think the total cost was about $30 for both kits (including the bags and tissue paper). The receivers LOVED the gifts and I hope they get to use everything during those joyous hours spent in the hospital.
If you want to make your own make sure you check out 'My Own Road' for the printables.
Thanks for visiting!We're sharing this post at these great parties!