This is a 'what I had on hand' recipe I tossed together one night when I realized the hubs would need a quick lunch for the kids tomorrow. It got such RAVE reviews from my family I think it's a keeper! This was so good they compared it to a dish we had at Olive Garden!!
What you need:
1 jar white pasta sauce (I used Bertolli Garlic Alfredo)
1 (16oz) package meatballs
1 can petite diced tomatoes (drained)
3/4 c ricotta cheese
3/4 c sour cream
2 t minced garlic
2 t salt
2 t dry Italian seasoning
1 (12oz) package egg noodles (cooked)
2 c Kraft 4 cheese Italian shredded
1. Boil pasta according to directions
2. Brown meatballs in skillet, then cut in halves
3. Mix pasta sauce, tomatoes, ricotta, sour cream, eggs, garlic, salt, Italian seasonings in a bowl
4. Pour 1/4 of sauce mix into bottom of greased 9x13 pan
5. Layer meatballs on top of sauce
6. Pour 1/4 of sauce mix over meatballs
7. Mix cooked pasta with remaining sauce mix and pour into pan
8. Top with Kraft Cheese
Cover with foil and bake 350 for 45min, remove foil and bake an add'l 10 min.
I'm sure you could substitute the white sauce with red sauce for a lighter option! We love to drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top of white sauce dishes for an added layer of flavor.