Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - No Knead Bread

No Knead Bread

This has got to be the simplest Bread recipe I have ever tried!!  I LOVE making bread. When I made this, I tripled the recipe! If I'm going to make bread or do any baking, I like to make one GIANT mess about once a month and freeze the extras.

Ingredients
1 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Warm Water
Stir these together and let sit for about 30 min.

1 (12oz bottle) Beer
4 c Flour
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Mix these into the yeast mixture until a sticky dough forms.  Cover and let rise 2 hours or until it doubles.

Place dough on a well-floured surface.  Flour the top of the dough and form into a loaf.  
(I cut the dough in half to make 2 loaves out of one recipe)


Sprinkle baking sheet (be very generous) with cornmeal.  Place loaf on top of cornmeal.  Slice the top of the loaf.  Cover, and let sit for 30-40 min in a warm place.

Bake at 425 for 35 minutes until golden brown.  You can also place a pan of warm water on the lower rack of the oven to keep the baking environment humid.

This bread was VERY good!  
We like to slice it and grill sandwiches on it.




1 comment:

  1. I'm usually a bread-machine kinda bread maker. But I may have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...