Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Busy Kids Week: Day 2 - Grass Heads


Welcome to day 2 of Busy Kids Week!!
Today I want to show you a fun little craft that my boys did at a day camp.
They made "GRASS HEADS!"

You need:
A Container (just about anything will work)
Potting Soil
Grass Seed
Decorations for the Face
Glue or Glue Dots

 The craft itself is pretty easy to figure out & there's plenty of room to be creative & do it however you or the child wants! First, have the children decorate their container with a face. Then, fill it with potting soil. Sprinkle grass seed. Water. Wait.

What I really love about this project is that the grass grows SO fast! We could see it growing TWO days after it was planted. I took these pictures five days after the boys made them...


After my boys brought these home, it inspired me to do a bible lesson with them.
I think this craft goes along GREAT with this verse:

As we watch the grass grow taller & taller every day we can think about how we can grow as children of God. It's important that we pray & read God's word to gain knowledge of who God is & of His plan for us. He's given us so much GRACE that we don't deserve, so it's important to practice being like Him by giving grace to others...even when THEY don't deserve it either!
This is one of our favorite songs that goes well with the lesson too:

I hope you've enjoyed today's craft!!
My boys are asking if they can give their GRASS HEADS a hair cut tonight!
So THAT should be fun!! I'll have to add pics later!
If you want to see another FUN idea for summer,
& check out her FUN IN THE SUN series!!
We're guest posting over there today!!
Our 1st guest post ever!!!!
Lots of Love,
Julie

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I would love to do them and have saved this activity. Thanks for the inspiration. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! This is a great little craft for the kids!

    -- Fotini {http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...