Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Easiest Raspberry Jam

A friend at work was telling me about the Jam she had made over the weekend and shared her recipe with me.  I was shocked at how SIMPLE this is and even more shocked at how DELICIOUS it is!!  Plus if you (or a loving Grandma) has a berry patch this is a great way to save some of that flavor for Fall and Winter.


Here is the recipe: 
Gloria's Easy Berry Freezer Jam:

Step 1:
2 C Raspberries (or any berry you want) mashed
3 C Sugar
Mix and set aside for 20 minutes - stirring occasionally.

Step 2:
1 pkg Sur-Gel
1 C Water
Bring to a HARD boil  and boil for 1 full minute

Mix Step 1 and Step 2 together.  Pour into containers (I used the 1/2 C Ziploc containers.  Gloria puts hers in jam jars (but I couldn't find any at the store and these only cost me $2.48 for 6 containers)).  
Place in freezer then thaw in fridge when ready to enjoy!!  



I couldn't wait to try it so I cut up a loaf of homemade bread, toasted it and spread on the jam - DELICIOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...