What's the story, Morning Glory?
Oh, you're hungry you say? Well, well, well...step into my kitchen!
My days can be pretty crazy as I manage my 3 little guys. But if I've got a batch of these made, it's bound to be a good day (for me anyway). These muffins are choc full of goodness & are also GOOD FOR YOU! My boys & my husband love these as much as I do too. I like to double & sometimes triple the recipe so I can freeze a dozen or so for later. I often have one for my breakfast, but I also have been known to snag one (or two) with a glass of milk for my lunch while I prepare a meal for my 4 & 2 year olds & shovel pureed green beans into my infant's mouth. Busy mommas need to try this recipe!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F & grease your muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl mix together the flours, flax, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Stir in the carrot, raisins, nuts, coconut, and apple.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla.
5. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened.
6. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups & bake in your oven for 18-20 minutes.
Mmmmm, your kitchen is going to smell so good! This recipe is not only fantastic but it also leaves a lot of room for substitutions & deviations. I've used all whole wheat flour before, omitted the flax if I'm out, added crasins, pineapple, mashed banana, or nuts. So you see, I don't always follow this recipe to a T. But that's one reason I love it so much! I've seen other versions of it on allrecipes.com and my Gram has a recipe much like this one as well. I'd bet that they're all pretty yummy!
If you give them a try, I'd love to know what you think!
...what's YOUR favorite muffin?
I'm linking this post to: