Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Welcome Home Wednesday

Today welcome to our main bath!  
The before will scare you... 
The after hopefully elates you...
Before, checkout the flowery wallpaper, melamine tile walls, ugly light fixture & peeling vinyl floor.
 After!  I found the circle curtain and fell in love (I am obsessed with circle decor!) and color matched the teal.  When I first chose colors I was determined to have color everywhere (due to lack-of-color-renters-syndrome). 
It was like going to the public pool every day ~ AQUA ~ it was fun while it lasted....
Here is the now!  Updated the curtain, repainted all those tiny tiles (took me 8 hours each coat of paint!) I know the sink & counter are dated but honestly I really like it just the way it is!  I think it brings back happy childhood memories of my grandparents farm house bathroom.
 
We laid tile down (I love new flooring!)
New Shower Curtain!
Found this awesome HUGE clock at Big Lots for $20 plus 20% off Friends & Family Day Discount!
New Lighting from Lowe's (its tough to find bath lighting that hangs from the ceiling.)
Our window wasn't 'private' so I grabbed a can of 'window frosting' from Menard's, measured out some squares with painters tape and sprayed away. Note I did remove the tape before allowing it to dry. 
Vase from Pier One originally $30 I got it at Big Lots Close out for $3!  This is a great way to keep your girly accessories organized and brighten up a room!  I stuffed some dried floral arrangement in the vase and clip each hair flower to a different stem!  I'll post my how to make the flower at another time (super easy gift & fun craft for adults & kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...