Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - "Some More Casserole" Recipe

"Some More Casserole"
This is a great recipe that was shared with me by a friend several years ago. It's very basic, very inexpensive & very very quick & easy to make! Our family LOVES it! Honestly, I don't think it LOOKS very good but trust me it's delicious. We don't have leftovers when we have this for dinner because everyone asks for SOME MORE! And my husband usually asks me "Why don't you make this more often?" You know what my reply was this time? "Why don't YOU make it sometime, honey?" It's so easy...chop an onion,  throw it in a skillet with some beef to brown, add soups, water & rice. Stir it up & bake it.  

Check it out...

Ingredients:
1 lb Hamburger (or ground turkey)
1 Med. Onion (chopped)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Water
1/2 cup Uncooked Rice



Brown the hamburger & onion with lots of salt & pepper.
 Add water, soups and rice. 
Mix together.
Transfer into a casserole dish...
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
*I bake for 1 hour

(don't judge a book by it's cover)


Can I have SOME MORE please?!



I'm linking up for the 1st time ever
@
Balancing Beauty & Bedlam's
TASTY TUESDAY

Beauty and Bedlam
Check it out - but I should warn you, you're gonna get hungry!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Julie, this is Sarah from Birmingham. I was wondering how you got such a cute background on your blog? Hope y'all are doing great! (I'm super busy with baseball...of course and am about to finish my sophmore year :) Love y'all.
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try this...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,Can I have some ..pls. This is such a yummy recipe.I will definitely make one for my family. you have a very pretty blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this last week when the tornadoes hit. My power went off about 20-minutes away from it being done. We went ahead and left it in the oven, and it ended up cooking all the way. It. Was. Delicious!! We are definitely doing this again. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandma used to make this. I was going through my Mom's recipe card box and found grandma's recipe earlier this week. She served it with chow mein noodles on top of the casserole, which are added about halfway through the cook time. If nothing else it made it look more appetizing!

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...