Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate Cookies

I ran across this blog ' The Diary of Dave's Wife' this weekend and drooled over the cookies on this post.  They looked so good I just had to make them!  I found the caramel bits in our local Wal-Mart below the chocolate chips in the baking isle.

I'm generally not a sweets person so the salty pretzel part of the recipe is what appealed to me.

This is the slightly altered recipe I used:
3/4 c salted butter softened (I would us margarine next time, I'm not a fan of butter in cookies).
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla (I use the real deal - I make it myself but that's another post)
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 c milk chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
1 c caramel bits
1/2 c crushed pretzels

Preheat oven to 350
 
Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg & vanilla. Beat in flour & soda. When all is incorporated, stir in chocolate chips (or chocolate pieces) caramels and pretzels.

Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets covered in parchment paper. (the parchment is important some of mine had melted caramel on them, with the parchment it comes right off.)

Bake for 10 minutes for a chewy cookie. 

This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies. 

I can honestly say these were SO good I had to get them out of the house asap or else I would have ate half of them!  My co-workers enjoyed them as did every member of my household.  They were gone so quick I didn't even get a chance to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...