Monday, May 7, 2012

Easy Pulled Pork Recipe

Share with Mom a recipe that will really impress her!  Plus you can put it in the crock pot, spend all day with her and shred it up that night!


  If you've seen the show Diner's Drive-in's and Dives you've seen the delicious results of many hours of soaking meat in a brine.  This recipe is SO simple with amazing results.  
This is my version of pulled pork.


Pulled Pork Brine

-Pork Shoulder (any size works - I buy a large one so can freeze half my pulled pork)
-Apple Cider Vinegar (I get the big jug)
-Water
-1/4 c Sea Salt (I'm sure you can use normal salt I just prefer this)
-1 lg onion
-1/2 brown sugar


-Place Pork Shoulder in Crock pot.  Cover with a 2 to 1 ratio of Vinegar and water 
(fill crock 2/3 full of vinegar and then water until roast is nearly covered)
-Sprinkle salt and brown sugar in the water
-Cut onion into large chunks and place in crock pot
-Place crock pot in fridge for 12-24 hours to brine.


After brine time cook in crock pot on low 9-10 hours.  Remove pork from crock pot, remove skin, shred pork in a large dish.  I like to take 1 cup of the left over brine mix it with about 1/4 cup of brown sugar and mix that into my shredded pork for a more moist meat.


The great thing about this recipe is you can often find a pork shoulder for under 1.00 a lb and it freeze's perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...