Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Easy Italian Zucchini

Easy Italian Zucchini
IMG_4960 (640x480)
Two layers of zucchini, tomatoes, cheese & seasoning…easy, healthy & tastes a lot like pizza. At least we think so!
………………
Assembling this dish is rather easy. Just layer sliced zucchini, & sliced tomatoes, season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning & Mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 4oo degrees for 15-20 minutes.
*You may also like to add onions, basil or parmesan cheese!
1st Layer
IMG_4940 (640x480)IMG_4941 (640x480)IMG_4942 (640x480)
2nd Layer
IMG_4943 (640x480)IMG_4944 (640x480)IMG_4945 (640x480)
Bake at 400 degrees
15-20 minutes
IMG_4952 (640x480)
IMG_4953 (640x480)
Eat it.
IMG_4961 (640x480)
IMG_4962 (640x480)
Smile.
This summer & last summer we’ve had a plethora of zucchini & tomatoes in our garden. We easily use up all of our tomatoes, but zucchini often goes to waste or gets handed out.  My friend Lori told me about this “recipe” one day so I experimented. Andy & I both really liked it! It has a pizza-like flavor and is so easy to make…not to mention healthier than pizza! Because this recipe isn’t very kid friendly, I like to make it as a side-dish to go with angel hair pasta covered with garlic cream sauce & grilled chicken. Mmmmm…I’m wishing it were dinner time instead of bedtime!

Linking up here & at these great food parties:
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays



Beauty and Bedlam

14 comments:

  1. OMG! This looks delish! I will try this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds incredible. More the Merrier Monday will be open until tonight at midnight. I would love for you to stop by and link up your Italian zucchini. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish! I am a big fan of zucchini and I constantly am looking for more ways to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect for my garden harvest! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boys love zucchini. I will totally be trying this soon!

    I'm also a new follower from the Thursday hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! This looks really good! It'll be a great recipe for using up lots of zucchini and tomatoes that are coming up in the garden! Thanks for sharing! Hopped over from Paisley Passions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with zucchini right now. Thanks for this, must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is watering. That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. shut the front door! that looks GOOD! Is it weird to crave that at 10:37 at night? cuz I do! thanks so much for linking up to WWWW! I'm Pinning this idea and featuring your awesomeness today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks SO good! We are featuring your recipe tomorrow at the start of a new What I made Wednesday Party! Come & Grab a button and join in on the fun!

    Alisa
    Sweet Peas and Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so tasty! I can't wait to try it... I love zucchini dishes :)
    -Ami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Just found your blog through the Thursday Linky Party and am a new follower! Check out my blog and follow back :)

    Can't wait to read more of your recipes!

    Thanks,
    Krista
    http://www.the-not-so-deperate-chef-wife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoops! Left you my blog URL with a typo! Here is the right link:

    http://www.the-not-so-desperate-chef-wife.com

    lol Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...