Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tasty Tuesday!!

Ready for another Tasty Tuesday??  

This is one of my families favorite meals!  
Roast Beef Enchilada's made with Sazon Goya

It all starts with a roast - usually I use about a 2lb Roast (any type you like will work).  I put it in the Crock Pot and sprinkle 1 packet of Sazon Goya over top with 1/2 C water.  Cook on low 8-9 hours - the roast should fall apart when its done.

What is Sazon Goya?  It's SO yummy!  The only place I've found it is amazon.com or ebay.com.  They are theses little packets of flavoring.  You know the yummy orange rice you can get at Authentic Mexican Restaurants?  I asked a co-worker once how they do it and this is what she suggested I use  (I'll share a recipe next Tuesday for the rice we make!)
Now that your roast is falling a part you'll need:
One can fat free re fried beans
1 C shredded cheese
10 flour tortilla shells

Spread beans on the tortilla shell, sprinkle with cheese and some of your yummy meat (this is a great time to get the kids to help!!
Grease a 9x13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350.
Roll filled shell and place in pan
Once all shells are filled spread one jar of cheese or enchilada sauce or even spaghetti sauce works great!  Then sprinkle with more cheese. Bake 350 for 30 min
I love to top mine with garden tomatoes and sour cream - use your taste buds to figure out what you like best!
Come back next Tuesday for the most yummy Mexican Rice Recipe and don't forget to get some Sazon Goya!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm dying that looks SO good. I'm pretty sure we have Mexican in our blood-line somewhere, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower over from your sisters blog! This meal looks delish, sans the beans since I never learned to like them ...But I'll definetly try making it for my hubby who isn't so picky:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - Love new followers & Yeah - Love mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making this--I can't wait to try it out on Zack (p.s. we have a Mexican grocery store nearby that sells this seasoning...) Since Ardmore is mostly made up of Dollar Stores, Banks, and MEXICAN restaurants, you really can't be surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...